Mobile applications have become essential for keeping clients and users engaged with your business. These are effective sources to capture user attention, increase the customer base, and expand your brand reach.
Mobile app development is a time-consuming process and involves many complications. The complexity and cost increase when developers and stakeholders find it challenging to communicate, collaborate and manage the project seamlessly. Well, for them, there are several project management and development tools.
On the other hand, to help developers to do away with scratch-from-the-bottom coding, several remarkable frameworks allow them to make their apps live across multiple platforms.
Tools every Mobile App Developer should know about
With businesses becoming more automated, portable applications have become indispensable to keep consumers engaged with your company. One of the key benefits of having a business application is the opportunity of using pop-up notifications to capture user interest.
Here we've compiled a list of the most popular App development tools that every developer should be familiar with. These are as follows:
If you are looking for a powerful design tool acclaimed worldwide, InVision is likely to come first in your mind. InVision is a modern app UI designer's go-to tooling platform to deal with every design requirement imaginable for all app projects.
What are the features of InVision?
InVision offers the following design capabilities.
- InVision ensures real-time project collaboration for developers.
- It also has robust testing tools to check the app's visuals and interactions.
- InVision, according to many developers, is the best tool for designing seamless app navigation.
Google Firebase is a mobile app backend development tool supporting all platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows, Web and OS X. app developers like this platform-agnostic framework mainly because of the reduced development cost.
Why choose Google FireBase?
Below, we provide a few of the essential features of Google Firebase.
- Firebase offers a cloud-based backend development tool with extreme ease of use as it does not require any setup.
- Firebase uses native JSON format to save data, ensuring optimum performance and ease of access.
- Firebase also comes with the advantage of a robust storage solution powered by Google Cloud.
- Despite ensuring great accessibility, Firebase offers optimum data security through 2048-bit SSL encryption.
- Last but not least, Firebase also offers data backup for multiple global locations, as this provides safeguards from potential data loss.
Ionic is well known as the only hybrid app development framework that remains popular in an era of cross-platform approaches replacing hybrid approaches fast. Despite being a hybrid development framework with a “build once and deploy everywhere” approach Ionic shares many competencies and capabilities of cross-platform frameworks, such as native user experience for every platform.
Why choose Ionic for Mobile Application development?
Here are the reasons to choose Ionic.
- Ionic is an entirely free development framework.
- The ionic framework is extensively used for building both native apps and progressive web apps.
- Ionic comes equipped with an array of dynamic app development tools with state-of-the-art features and capabilities.
- Ionic reduces development costs and time by using one codebase for all platforms.
Fastlane for mobile app development
We cannot find a better tool than Fastlane for incorporating Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) methods into app projects. Fastlane is also known for making version control smooth.
Why choose Fastlane for mobile application development?
Here below, we mention some of the key Fastlane capabilities and features.
- When it comes to updates and app version management, Fastlane takes care of all.
- By using the CI/CD approach, Fastlane allows simultaneous fixing of bugs in the app code and the next update release.
- Fastlane can also be integrated with leading CI/CD platforms from CircleCI, Jenkins, Travis CI, and many others.
- Fastlane is an open-source and completely free tool.
- Fastlane also offers extensive documentation for developers to learn the best practices and multiple examples.
This is the most widely-popular tool that app developers use extensively for server-side configuration. Parse Server is an open-source cloud-based server-side development tool that offers vast help to ensure faster development.
Why choose Parse Server?
Let’s look at some of the key features of Parse Server.
- Parse Server comes with an open-source licence and is free for all developers.
- The Parse Server also allows developers to develop for a wide range of cloud platforms, including AWS, Google App Engine, Azure, and many others.
- The tool to make things easier for developers offers to push notification file storage support.
- Lastly, Parse Server is widely known for its scalability and customisation per the projects.
Unity for game application development
When you want to develop a mobile game app, Unity is the invariable choice for developing both 3D and 2D game apps and deploying the same across multiple OS platforms.
What are the features of Unity?
Here we mention the features and capabilities of Unity.
- Unity is a fully-equipped game engine for both 2D and 3D game app projects.
- Unity supports cross-platform development and deployment.
- Unity comes with a rich asset store to help game developers with ready-to-use game components and characters they need.
- Unity is known for its rich graphics.
- Unity is extremely easy, even for beginners.
Fliplet is considered one of the most efficient frameworks for app development that even well-known tech brands use. Offering an easy user interface, the tool even allows developers with no tech background to try their hands at app development projects.
Why should I choose Fliplet?
- Fliplet fits into app projects belonging to diverse niches such as sales, marketing, enterprise communication and many others.
- Fliplet makes it extremely easy for first-time developers with a simple drag-and-drop interface. The same also ensures great modular design and development.
- All you need is to buy a single licence for developing many apps across the niches.
- The exceptional UI and UX design features of Fliplet give business apps a lot of flexibility and versatility.
- Fliplet, as a development tool, also gets robust support from all major OS platforms for security.
Since UI/UX design excellence is a non-negotiable aspect of current app projects, you need to take the help of robust design tools. Sketch fits your design focus with the powerful graphic design capabilities that current app projects need. Moreover, Sketch is also popular for ensuring the scalability of app graphics without undermining qualitative aspects.
Why should I go with Sketch?
Some of the critical Sketch capabilities and features we mention here below.
- Sketch allows app prototyping, wireframing, icon and logo design, vector illustrations, different types of graphics, presentations, and all that designers need.
- Sketch also allows easy collaboration among designers of an app project.
- The sketch is also known for using more accessible design protocols and modules to ensure faster output.
If any business wants to build a feature-rich and exceptionally well-built app within a few hours, AppyPie as a tool just fits in perfectly. It is a premium tool embraced by many high-quality and winning apps across the categories for years. It is excellent for aspiring people who want to try their hands on development without good coding knowledge.
Why Appy Pie is recommended?
- Despite being a no-code development tool, Appy Pie doesn’t compromise regarding professional-grade quality and performance.
- The tool can even be used in conjunction with coding, or framework-based development approaches to finish the app in less time.
- Appy Pie, when used in app projects, also ensures a native or platform-specific design and user experience.
- This no-code tool perfectly fits into app projects having severe budget constraints.
- This no-code development tool also offers modern capabilities such as offline access and the ability to deploy real-time updates.
- This cross-platform development tool supports both iOS and Android development.
Eclipse is a well-acclaimed app development widely known for extensive features and capabilities, tools and robust coding support across different OS environments. The tool allows accessing a wide range of libraries for developing complex and feature-rich app projects for diverse niches.
Why should I choose Eclipse?
- The tool also offers enterprise-grade features to build highly scalable apps with rich features.
- Eclipse, through its component-based architecture, ensures smooth development.
With so many solutions, developers no longer need to be concerned about petty logistics or compatibility, or design tooling for their app projects. Modern app development depends more on choosing the right tools and less on individual developer skills. To make your app shine through the competition, you must select some of the tools mentioned here.