Let’s have a look on what exactly the Node.Js is?
Table of Content
What is Node.js?
Server-side programming includes the designing of the content of the web page on the server.
Node.js handles browser requests, offers asynchronous, event-driven I/O APIs to get the results quickly and precisely. It is working on a single-threaded event-based loop.
Node.js plays quite fabulous role when joined with latest technology stack. Let’s discuss a detailed overview of Docker in Node.Js:
Applications using NodeJS
Because of these advantages, so manyNode.JS Web Development companies highly prefer Node.js for their web and application developments.
Node.JS is majorly found in every application we use in our day-to-day life. Applications such as Netflix, Ola, Uber, BookMyShow and many others. These applications are engaged with a huge amount of traffic each day from all over the globe. These applications are completely developed in the Node.js framework. Node.JS assists in the smooth and flawless operations of the applications.
What is Docker in Nodejs?
Docker is a new technology that allows developers to build, manage, and secure applications anywhere. Docker is a command-line interface (CLI) and Engine. In March 2013 Docker was created by dotCloud and renamed itself to Docker Inc. Because of its possibilities to open for software delivery and deployment Docker is very popular. Docker is popularly known because it is very easy to use and it can be learned quickly. Docker is an open-source containerization platform with operating systems that support Virtualbox. Docker is for Windows/Mac and it also supports containers natively such as Linux. In fact, it is one of the preferred kind of platforms used for development in many top-class Nodejs web development companies.
Docker ensures that the functioning of the application is irrespective of changes in the environment. Docker is a tool using the container to make the creation, deployment, and execution of applications. Containers like Ubuntu, CentOS, etc. these are basically based on your requirement with respect to operating systems.
The most important aspects of Docker are Dockerfile, Docker Images, and Docker Containers. If we talk about Dockerfile then it is a text document that contains the list of commands. Command list which can be invoked by a user and the user using the command line to assemble an image. Docker automatically builds images by reading instructions from the Dockerfile. Docker image, you can consider as similar to a template that typically used to build Docker containers. Templates are nothing but you can say it is a building block of a Docker Container. Docker Container, it is a running instance of a Docker Image. Docker containers hold the complete package that is required to execute the application.
How do you use Docker in Nodejs
The use of Docker in Nodejs is given as follows:
- Docker has the capability of speeding up the application deployment process
- Docker is easy in use and very simple to maintain
- By using Docker anyone can easily share Dockerfiles and Docker Images
- Docker puts minimal overhead on the applications just because Docker has a very lightweight footprint
- Docker makes the version control very easy and promotes component reuse
- Docker makes the application portability and machines easier
If you are planning to use Docker with Node.js then you need to make sure that Docker is already installed in your system. If you want to Dockerize a Node.js application, first you need to go through the creation of Node.js application, create a Docker file, build Docker image and then execute. After running the installation, Docker-compose will bring up a development environment that works exactly similar to it like on your local machine. If you want to make a Dockerfile then you don’t always need to use Docker.
Docker operating containerized applications is more flexible and resilient; it also handles the running and monitoring of hundreds or thousands of containers. Software-defined networking supported by Docker. Development Teams can design systems with complex network technologies and network in configuration files. If you want to design your software for high loads and performance, then Docker can help you to make it happened.
Advantages of Node.js Development in Web applications
-Following are the Pros of using Node.js as server-side programming:
- Offers easy scalability One of the key benefits is that Node.js makes it easy to scale the application in horizontal as well as vertical ways. In Horizontal scaling, adding an extra node to the current system it is performed while in vertical scaling, allows adding extra resources to the single node.
Disadvantages of Node.js Development in Web applications
-Following are the Cons of using Node.js as server-side programming:
- API is not stable: One of the major problems that developers face is that while working on Node.js is the Application Programming Interface (API) keeps changing at certain intervals and doesn’t remain stable. It is observed that the new API with several backward-incompatible changes which results in performing changes in the accessible code bases to remain in tune with the latest version of Node.js.
- Asynchronous programming model: To boost scalability, the application should follow an asynchronous programming model. Moreover, Developer finds it more as compared to linear blocking I/O programs.