Why Node JS Is the Best Framework for App Development?
Here we bring you the benefits of using Node JS App Development for your business.
Node.js offer great performance
Node.js uses an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it lightweight and efficient.
In traditional web server model, each request has a specific thread to handle it from a thread pool. If no thread is present to fulfill the request then the request needs to wait for the next available thread. Node.js works differently. It has a single thread for all the requests available. Event loop takes one request, performs CPU operations on it, pass that request for I/O operations and fulfill next requests. Thus, Node.js is efficient when there is less CPU work and more I/O operations.
Node application is proved to have 33% fewer lines of code which increases the readability and reusability, 40% fewer files which makes the structure proper, 2x request/sec and 35% faster response time which increases the performance.
Saves money as well as time
Here are some factors where node.js can help us save money as well as time:
- NPM registry provides several packages that can be used to reduce the line of code.
- Node.js is a single threaded application so it can handle various requests simultaneously. When one request goes for I/O operations, the single thread then takes another request for CPU operations, making way for real-time applications, thus improving the responsiveness and performance.
- It is used in production by various companies such as Netflix, Walmart, Uber, PayPal, etc. for their large chunk of application portfolio.
Nodejs provides scalability, flexibility, high performance, saves learning time of developers, provides real-time solution and can handle asynchronous requests. So you can confidently hire Node.js developer for your high-performance application development.
Active and large community support
Few of them are listed below:
- NPM package manager can also be used for already available code.
- Nodeiflux is a community of backend developers supporting each other.
- Official API reference documentation details the Node.js API.
- NodeSchool.io will teach you Node.js concepts via interactive command-line games.
- Stack Overflow Node.js tag collects new information every day.
- The DEV Community Node.js tag is a place to share Node.js projects, articles and tutorials as well as start discussions and ask for feedback on Node.js-related topics. Developers of all skill-levels are welcome to take part.
Node.js includes three types of modules:
- Core Module
- Local Module
- Third Party Module
Core Modules are the ones that are provided by node.js itself and loads automatically when Node.js process starts. However, it is required to import these modules.
Modules can be exported and imported in the file where they are needed. ‘Require’ is the keyword used to import the modules and ‘module Exports’ to export.
Syntax to load module:
Local Modules are developers made modules that can be exported from one module and can be used in another module by using ‘require’ keyword in order to reuse code.
Third party module
Third party modules can be downloaded from NPM registry that can help make coding better. These modules are developed by others. Some of the best known packages are express, rectify, lodash, mongoose, etc. Refer npmjs for more.
Modular design can help in clean programming and can reduce the line of code when same logic is used in several modules. Class and all the functions of a single module are by default private and can only be accessed when exported.
Node.js reduces server costs because:
- An asynchronous event model means that you can handle more requests in a single OS thread.
- OS threads are expensive in both memory and CPU overhead.
Node.js is good for real time data fetching applications and when I/O involvement is present. It should not be considered when every request needs to do much computational work as it is single threaded.
Helps Monitor Dashboards
Monitoring gives us the ability to observe our system's state and address issues before they impact our business. Monitoring can also help to optimize our users' experience.
Node Application Metrics is fully open source and is available on GitHub.
Node.js application, if monitored well, then can be helpful to reduce maintenance costs, optimize application performance, improve application stability and uptime, etc.