Table of Content
Over the past few years, angular has become a very popular web development framework and continues to remain one of the industry leaders. Angular is a web application framework developed by Google and a community of individuals to develop client-side applications. Today, so many eminent Angular web development companies prefer Angular as their high priority due to its extra-ordinary feature support.
Angular has a tremendous variety of features, functionalities, and several other benefits to offer and the framework has received a notable admiration for itself. AngularJS at the top of the pile when it comes to programming languages. Developers can use this framework very easily and effectively to manage the front-end development procedure. Although there are many plugins and frameworks available in the marketplaces, Angular is business owners’ first and foremost choice because of its exceptional features.
What is Angular CLI?
In Angular CLI, “CLI” shorts for Command-line interface. Angular CLI is a command-line tool that assists us to create angular applications quickly and with great consistency. This tool can be directly used either in a command shell or indirectly through an interactive user interface, for instance, Angular Console. Angular CLI follows best practices and conventions which are extraordinary. It runs unit and end-to-end tests. In addition to this, it creates optimized builds for deployment to production. This creates the boilerplate code for angular features such as components, pipes, services, directives, etc. and also boilerplate for Typescript functions such as classes, interfaces, enums and many more.
Why we need Angular CLI?
Setting up Angular could be a tiresome task for beginners. As without Angular CLI, one has put lots of effort into manually setting an Angular application from the beginning for that we have to create a folder, add package definition file i.e. package.json and some other configuration files. In this, one has to write all the boiler code by himself, which is not only a laborious task but also very time-consuming.
Some situations where there is a need for Angular CLI are-
- If there is a lot of HTML and CSS, then HTML to be in a separate template file and your styles in a separate stylesheet. In this situation, one will have to manually create the HMTL template and CSS files as well along with the component class file.
- As there are many components in a real-world application- In building Angular apps, along with the components there are pipes, directives, services and many more. This requires a lot of time to create the same bipolar plate code for all these components.
- When one or more developers are working on the same project. They are creating different files and writing bipolar plate code. They are supposed to follow conventions and best practices, but if not followed then manual code reviews are the only solution to find out which is very time-consuming and mundane work.
One Stop Solution for Angular Development ?
Angular CLI gives the capabilities to:
- It creates a project from scratch
- Scaffold components, services or directives
- Brief or lint the code
- Serve the angular application efficiently
- It run unit tests and end-to-end tests.
Angular CLI provides the web developers bipolar plates which saves time and effort. Thus, enhance productivity. This tool creates a new project which runs immediately or adds elements to existing angular application. In the existing app, at the time of adding a new element, Angular CLI creates these elements in the proper directory structure and generate source code. In some situations, adding code to other elements within the project. So that the new elements can be reused.