UMANG â€“ Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance
Corruption is a burning issue in India. One of the major sections involved in heavy corruption is ground level government procedures. The main reason behind this is a clumsy and cumbersome Physical paperwork. The Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, has a far-sighted vision to lower corruption at maximum possible level. After a number of meetings and suggestions with core committees, they have decided to develop a concept of one web feasibility.
mobile applicationwould be an innovative and long-sighted decision. The name of this visionary project would be UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance). This step is one of the dream projects of our Prime Minister.
Indian government has conceptualized to build “Mother of all apps” known as UMANG with an aim to integrate major central and state government services under a single platform. The Narendra Modi government is working towards building this master app in collaboration with Mobile Application Development Company in India. This application would lead India to the new edge and era of paperless governance.
Working of UMANG:
The visionary project of Narendra Modi is being developed by the union ministry of communications and information technology’s national e-governance decision. This dream app will integrate more than 200 government services such as healthcare applications, E-post, Passport Seva, Women Safety (Nirbhaya), IRCTC, Utility bills, Crime and criminal tracking, CBSE/State education boards, Income tax, Mother and child tracking etc. on a single platform.
The platform will be designed in such a manner that it would be capable of maintaining or remembering citizen personal details, preferences and data required to access department services without the user having to re-enter every time. Key identification documents like Aadhar Card, PayGov and DigiLocker shall also be included within this platform.
Features of UMANG app:
The app will be designed in collaboration with Web Development Company in India in such a way that it will keep record of citizen personal and preference details required to access the department service.
- The app will be available for various operating systems including windows, Android and iOS.
- Documents such as Aadhar card, PayGov and DigiLocker also are a part of this platform.
- The app will have transaction details so that users can reach to the concerned authorities if in case anything goes wrong.
- Citizens can store their documents in the secure government cloud using DigiLocker.
- Users can share the digital certificates through the app. Thus, they need not visit the departments physically.
- Aadhar card authentication will be enabled for services and PAN card authentication for non-aadhar enabled services.
- Live Chat support will be enabled for citizen’s assistance.
- The app will be available in English as well as in regional languages.
Launch of UMANG:
app development and maintenance. According to the document, the plan is to roll out the first phase of the app in under 3 years.
UMANG is one of the key initiatives of Digital India Program. It is a visionary project of our Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, to lead India to the new era of digital world. This dream app will build paperless e-governance system and thus saving lot of time and energy of common people. It also aids lowering corruption at ground level government.