Table of Content
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Siri vs Google Assistant
- 3. Steps for iOS / Android App development with Siri / Google Assistant
- 4. Supports to Languages
- 5. Advantages and Disadvantages of feature
- 6. Future of Siri or Google Assistant
Siri is an Intelligent personal assistant which is own by Apple. It is launched in October, 2011. Siri supports all Apple OS like iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS. It is an intelligent part of Apple products.
Google Assistant is a Virtual personal assistant which is own by Google. It is launched in May, 2016. It is supports to android OS with smart phone and smart home devices.
Siri vs Google Assistant
Siri is famous for its own aggressive behaviour. When you speak “I m bored” it will come up with an aggressive response.
Google assistant is famous for it’s co-operative behaviour. When you speak “I m bored” it will come up with multiple games, possible trips, movies etc... So, you can choose your requirement as per your wishes.
Siri is mainly used on devices who is associated with person. Apple have different approach for recognize voice. Before you want to use Siri you have to speak word “Hey Siri”, so it will automatically recognize your voice only.
Google assistant some time works with more than one person voice. So it can be possible it will be confusing before showing the appropriate results.
Read More: Digital Payment Using Apple Pay
Siri have typical Apple fashion, it’s only work with approved third party libraries. Currently it involves only few features like calling, messaging, sending money etc... Siri has no real support for IFTTT.
Google have a smaller suite of third party apps, but it’s expanding. It also offers the integration with IFTTT for creating a custom skills.
Automatic Responses with Data Storage
Siri communication with the user solely and it is not giving automatic reply. Also it is not believe in storing any personal data in their server.
Google Assistant working with automatic reply to system when you are busy to somewhere else. Also they are storing generic phrases to their server.
Presentation / Memory
Siri does not offer to save any type of conversation. Also each question have independent window so you can not refer your previous chatting.
Google Assistant treats your all conversation like a chatting. Also it gives you to option for scrolling the conversation. So you can refer any time your previous conversation.
Steps for iOS / Android App development with Siri / Google Assistant
- Set bundle identifier to project
- Add extension named Intents Extension
- Modify plist file with NSExtension Dictionary and values
- In project Target with Capabilities tab enable Siri services
- Write appropriate code for Siri.
- Set network and hardware related access
- Configure the developer project and account settings
- Register device with google developer account
- Install the SDK
- Write appropriate code for Google Assistant.
Supports to Languages
Siri supports to below languages:-
Searching for Dedicated Remote Blockchain Developer ?
Google Assistant supports to below languages:-
End of the 2018 Google will be support to more languages. And Siri will improve their results in given languages.
Advantages and Disadvantages of feature
- Both are easy to understand. Any one can easily use the feature.
- Both are supports to multiple languages. Though Google will be increase to support with more languages at end of 2018.
- Siri supports to all iOS devices.
- Apple and Google both are trying to increase it’s functionalities so it will be best feature in future.
- Without internet connection you can use the feature.
- Google Assistant have listening issues when more than one person speak at a time.
- Some time gender (Male / Female) voice can generate mistakes. System can not understand proper pronunciation.
Future of Siri or Google Assistant
- Apple want to money transfer via Siri in future.
- Google want to support of Google Assistant in all Android devices. Currently Google Assistant not able to work with all devices.
- In future it can be possible,
Google Assistant is the future of AI (Artificial Intelligence).