Evolution and History of Node.js VersionsiFour Team - 28 Jul 2020
Node.js was written in C++ and built upon Google Chrome’s V8 runtime. Node.js runs on various platforms like Linux, Unix, Windows, MacOS X. Node.js providing asynchronous and event-driven APIs Microsoft and Joyent together implemented a native Windows version of Node.js in June 2011. Fedor Indutny started io.js, a fork of Node.js in December 2014.
- Node.js was initially released on 27th May, 2009.
- The first version of Node.js is 0.1.0.
- The first form of NPM (Node Package Manager) was created in 2009.
- In December 2014, io.js is a fork of the Node.js project which was created.
- On Sep 14, 2015, Node.js v0.12 and io.js v3.3 were merged into a single code base known as Node.js version 4.0 and that merged brought V8 ES6 features into Node.js and also it has a long term support release.
- The latest version of Node.js is V13 and it was released on 22nd October, 2019.
Table of Content