Life Cycle Assessment Software
Customer is an Australia based firm that provides consultation on sustainable design of the buildings. Customer’s orientation is to specialize in life cycle assessment of buildings and provide expert opinions and recommendations to variety of projects that are handled by its clients.
Customer realized the need to develop an integrated design method that can assess all aspects of entire project. Manual efforts to perform all procedures that are required in life cycle of building design required tremendous amount of time and efforts. Also it required lot of calculations to find out final impact of building designs on Environment, an opportunity emerged to automate these procedures and calculations with an intention to reduce costs and manual errors.
iFour Technolab Pvt. Ltd., a leading sustainable IT services and solution provider, built a solution that automates the processes of building life cycle assessment along with precise obedience to industrial and government standards (of UK and Australia). The solution comprises following features:
- All the procedures that are involved in life cycle assessment for buildings along with its design for environment are automated with proper synchronization between them.
- Formulas that are used to calculate the impact of building design on Environment are compatible with Australian and UK standards such as EN 15978 and ISO 14044
- Creation of projects for their designs with the inclusion of Lifecycle Modules and Lifecycle Impacts with module Project Management.
- Creation of structures inside projects and categorization in building or infrastructure through the module Structural Design.
- Design Categorization module aids users to create designs with different qualities different redevelopment potentials.
- Inside Design used for creating assembly components with different structure categories and equipment are implemented using module Assembly Components and reports the Transport and Recurring Impacts on environment.
- Handling of all material components required to create buildings through the module Material Management. It also reports the products used, transport, construction and recurring charges.
- Operational Management is used to create operational energy and water, components with Gas, Electricity and Water types and used to report the impacts related to operational energy.
- Template Design allows users to create Global template with the assembly, material and operational component.
- Creation of user-friendly technical reports with international standards with the help of module Enhanced Report Generation.
- One can share recommendations and provide feedback to find out the impacts on environment at certain intervals.
- The solution generates the alerts for designs if there are mismatched or incorrect models present in components in existing design.
- A user can request certification of design, validation of the templates and quotation of the project with Workflow Management module.
- Creation of a group and invitation to users, acceptance or rejection of invitation & then sharing of designs or templates with the member of the groups in read only or read/write mode are some of the features of this module.
- Provision of the list of tasks and scheduling for individual users along with its status such as incomplete, completed or missing deadline.
- All types of notifications related to design certifications, template validation and group invitations are supported by the solution.
- Individualized access to system through role based access module
- Analyzing the impacts of CO2, Cost, Energy, Water, Land Use, Ozone Depletion, Human Toxicity, and more.
|Programming Language||ASP.Net (C#) Framework 4.5|
|Database Management Server||MySQL|
|Architecture||MVC / NHibernate|
|Version Control||Hg Workbench|
iFour Technolab Pvt. Ltd. provided a sustainable solution to cater to life cycle assessment procedures that is compatible to UK and Australian government legal infrastructure. After the delivery of solution software, Customer attained detailed understanding of the operational environmental impacts. Project and its complex processes are now simplified and “easy to interact” experience is realized by the users of the software. It also helps in decision making process involved at various stages of the project leaving customers extremely satisfied.