Coronavirus also knew as COVID-19 pandemic is first and top-notch a human tragedy that is affecting hundreds of thousands of people. COVID-19 is also having an augmented impact on the global economy. Every company is contributing to having controlled the epidemic for now and is focusing on preventing revival. In this epidemic growth of new transmission becomes complex and evidence of seasonality. This epidemic impacted around $180 billion in India’s IT sector. If we talk about India’s IT sector, then it is being utilized around the world in every industry. Data scientists and machine learning engineers eagerly contributing to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Table of Content
- 1. Challenges IT companies are facing during COVID-19 pandemic
- 2. Opportunities for software development companies in India
- 3. Here are the few apps/tools to boost your productivity
Challenges IT companies are facing during COVID-19 pandemic
- You can assume it’s been very difficult for Software Development companies to shift their employees to work from the home model during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- During this pandemic the extremely sensitive nature of data, regulatory diktats in addition to security and privacy issues that are nearly impossible in terms of working from home.
- Providing IT infrastructure for employees is also one of the biggest challenges of IT Companies.
- Moving millions of desktop computers to employees’ homes, slower bandwidth and ensuring cybersecurity in software configuration.
- Organizing departmental meetings for business discussion is also very challenging with limited infrastructure.
- Very critical to handle business functions for some of the world’s largest organizations it is being forced to halt large chunks of them in India.
Opportunities for software development companies in India
According to the research, Indian business process outsourcing companies like Genpact, Concentrix and EXL service has grown faster than the larger Indian IT service industry in the last two years.
- IT companies have the opportunity to join efforts to alleviate the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis in various ways that include developing products to combat the virus tracking and predicting its spread and also to protecting hospitals from cyberattacks.
- Develop dashboard which regularly updates and tracks COVID-19 cases on the website or application.
- IT companies can develop an Artificial Intelligence-driven conversational virtual assistant that can offer it virtual assistant on free of cost to government health organizations for the fighting pandemic.
- IT companies can help millions of customers in grocers, national retailers, healthcare organizations, logistics firms and many more to combine the cardinal data sets with their own operational data that can help them respond more quickly as per different changing environments.
- Create and host a repository of public datasets related to the COVID-19 crisis where everyone can be welcomed free to access and analyze as per different expertise.
Due to the pandemic, many custom software development companies across the globe forced their employees to work from home whether it is small business or large enterprises. Working from home has its perks including working under your comfortable attires, at a very suitable speed, and even not anyone standing right on your head to monitor. You have your own space. But the challenging task is to stay productive as it's only who is tracking the progress.
There are several advantages of working from home but maintaining productivity is a task. Hence to keep a record, there’s a growing marketplace of apps/tools that can help to come over the challenges.
For companies that have already accepted the collaborative approach to be done with the respect to technology which connects the employees and customers,
Here are the few apps/tools to boost your productivity
Slack Slack is the most popular communication management application well suited for remote work. It allows you to create team channels and send messages. Adding to it, lets you drag-and-drop files, bookmark messages, and pin documents. It’s speedier, more efficient and more user-friendly.
Aircall Aircall is the VOIP business phone system used by both sales and support teams. It is easy to install and once it is installed, it would be operational in desktop or browser-based app. Hence your remote team is accessible easily during work from home.
Zoom Zoom is one of the multi-featuring video conferencing tool. It has features such as screen sharing, content sharing and local recoding which makes it an end-to-end conference solution. Zoom makes meeting accessible. Only single person downloads and shares the link to others can join from their devices. It provides windows for toggling between users while sharing the screen-sharing and whiteboarding.
One Stop Solution for Software Development Requirement ?
Front Front resolves the issue of emailing for the email. By bringing features like help-desk tickets, internal emails, messages, apps, the managers who use Front benefit from a centralized and intuitive communication hub. Features such as making receiving calls, messaging and access to all the critical files about all.
Zapier It is an automated workflow by bridging the gap between your other tools. Teammates don’t like to jump from one application to another to work. So, Zapier brings in all of your customer and team information and sync within the platform. Hence to save valuable time for your remote team, this tool is used.
Monday It is known as the powerful project management platform which helps teams to follow, track, manage and execute various tasks and initiatives. Monday has a combination of slick and intuitive UI with automation capabilities that makes it easy. It is a popular feature for a modern team to joints with several other business tools.
Trello Trello allows your team to create, design, and assign tasks through a visual interface. I help to create a card and sort them by departments. It’s very collaborative tools that let you informed about the various tasks to achieve in a more engaging way rather than emails or memos.
Productivity and Reporting
Klaus Some managers are worried about people working from home about their performance. With quality assurance tools like Klaus, a customer service manager won’t miss a beat. This tool allows support managers to digitally audit or rate their team’s interaction with customers across several channels.
Avoma It is an intelligent tool which helps sales and customer team to record and analyze to get the summarized noted and action insights. It offers transcripts, summarized notes and features like auto-sync to the CRM. Conventional insights such as a speaker and topic identification, generate insights to help the manager to get critical information. It supports cross-functional collaboration with searchable recordings, notes, snippets and playlist sharing.
The tools listed above are a great way to start, but it’s up to you to make the most of them.
COVID-19 pandemic affects every part of the industry. In this COVID-19 pandemic, IT services companies are playing a very important role that includes developing products to combat the virus tracking and predicting its spread and also protecting hospitals from cyberattacks. Technology helps in accurate detection and testing of the virus speed up treatment and containment of the virus and essentially to shorten the COVID-19 crisis.