Data Transfer for Fleet systems
Customer is a leading service provider of state-of-the-art, highly integrated, transportation software solutions and administrative services in Canada and US. Customer also offers transportation booking features to third-parties to fetch and store data appropriately.
The customer is providing transportation software solution and administrative services using a software that was built years ago using legacy technology VB6. The legacy software is full of bugs and incapable to cope up with new generation technology. System does not manage data appropriately adding frustration to customer as he has to do this manually. The customer realized the need of re-engineering legacy software using new technology with robust and new features.
re-engineered the existing legacy software to a robust and sustainable transportation software with a capability to optimize extraction of data using Windows Service. The revamped transportation software has following features:
- Automation of data extraction from third party third transportation service providers like CMT, MKC, ICABBI, MT Data, VTS and CTS
- Calculation of fees and charges of fleet rides automatically
- On demand Bill and Invoice generation
- Provides appropriate driver statement and invoice through email
- Automatic database backup and restoration
- Effective memory usage by deleting existing backup after specific period of time
- Error logs tracking made easy by Audit trail of all activities performed and log generation
- "Auto Email Error log management" to email the logs of the events with errors
- Online remote connection web services and off line data import processto import data from different third parties
- Run on demand completion of events to complete events manually
- User friendly "SQL Compiler" to compile SQL script
|Programming Language||.Net (C#) Framework 4.0|
|Database Management Server||Microsoft SQL Server 12|
|Client Technology||Open XML, Crystal Report.|
transportation solution provider
and calculate the fees and charges in no time without any hassles. Sustainability and consistency of a system made it possible to book number of rides at a time. Revamped system made database back up and restoration easy.