Airplane Parking Reservation System
Customer is a leading software solution provider based in Georgia, USA. Customer is a website and graphic design specialist for business starters. Customer focuses on offering innovative marketing and branding strategies to its clients as part of SEO services. Customer also provides web hosting and domain registration services to encourage their clients to transform their business online.
Customer had an airport operations management firm as its client and the client faced an issue of effectively managing the schedule of airplanes arriving to and departing from the airport. Client incurred financial losses due to inaccurate billing and charging associated with the aircrafts, done manually by its employees. Client didn’t have the flexibility to include information of different types of aircrafts and variety of fuel used by the aircrafts. The client lacked calculative, analytical and reporting capabilities and to overcome this hurdle, client realized the need to develop a new airplane reservation system.
iFour Technolab Pvt. Ltd. a leading software solution provider, designed airplane parking reservation system that automates the process of scheduling and parking for reservation of airplanes. The newly designed application provides accurate costing and billing methods for correctly calculating airplane parking charges. The new system comprises of following features:
- 'Aircraft Scheduler' assists the administrator to manage scheduling of airplanes by estimating arrival and departure time of the airplanes.
- 'Aircraft Inventory Management' module to manage information such as available seats, service class, fuel prices, pilot details and company details, unique to each aircraft.
- 'Airplane Parking Reservation' module handles the allocation of parking area to active planes, arriving planes and departed planes on the airport.
- Easy and quick, user account creation and management through 'Profile management' module.
- 'Ramp Charging' calculates parking fees based on the airplane’s usage of parking area and weight of the airplane.
- System offers a functionality of accurately billing the ramp charges, fuel prices and discounts for airplanes using the airport.
- Restricted and monitored access to system for various users based on roles and rights assigned to them.
- The administrator has the capability to add different types of billing charges and fuels, in the system.
- Facility to request multiple fuel types for multiple aircrafts.
- Summary reports to provide detailed information on scheduling and charging of airplanes based on the duration of their stay.
- 'Customized Report Template' module to generate robust and user friendly reports using different report formats and the flexibility to export the reports in pdf format.
|Programming Language||ASP.Net (C#) Framework 4.5|
|Database Management Server||Microsoft SQL Server|
|Architecture||MVC / Entity Framework|
iFour Technolab Pvt. Ltd. provided a sustainable solution by developing a robust airplane reservation system that completely automated the aircraft scheduling and parking reservation process. The system ensured real time tracking of arrival and departure time of airplanes and monitored the parking area allocated to each aircraft on the airport. Accurate and reliable charging methods provided by the system ensured that the client no longer incurred financial losses.